IOD Holiday Wrap Up Challenge 2022
Alright, we know so many of you have been waiting for this moment! The IOD Holiday Wrap Up Challenge results are in! There were so many great entries, and you guys really put us to the test to pick one per category!!
If you are one of the winners, please message us on FB, Insta, or email us email@example.com so we can snag your address and which IOD goodies you want and get them out to you.
Thanks again for all your creativity – it was a delight to see and I’m sure there will be many happy faces opening IOD-decorated gifts this Christmas!
Most Whimsical – Christine M.
Oh my gosh! Check out the moulds on this project – STUNNING! What don’t we love about this? Sheer whimsical excellence!
Best Repurposed/Upcycled Gift Wrap – Angie W.
This gift is an adventure from front to back. What a beautiful piece of art that can be reused and treasured each Christmas!
Best Kids Gift Wrap – Janet F.
We don’t even think there are words for this kid’s gift wrap. LOL. We all got a good laugh, and clearly, the IOD kids thought this one took the cake.
Best Gift Wrap Using Letter Stamps, Moulds, or Monograms – My White Picket Fence
This entry must have taken a while! Both a gift wrap and a wall-hanging that can be reused year to year. We’re a fan!
Until next year, stay creative!
Alright, IOD fam, the mischievous Elf sisters of IOD are back at it again with our holiday challenge! This year it’s the Holiday Wrap Up Challenge and anything goes, as long as it wraps a gift and be a present, it counts! Bags, boxes, tubes, paper, odd sizes and shapes…you name it!
Now on to all the details, fine print…and PRIZES!!! 🤩🤩
What’s the IOD Holiday Wrap Up Challenge?
It’s a contest where you create the most festive, funny, magical — BEYOND imagination — gift wrap using your favorite IOD products. This is the perfect time to experiment and let those creative juices flow!
What qualifies as “gift-wrapping”?
As the name suggests, your wrapping should wrap around and hold a gift. The bounds of that are fairly flexible: wrapping paper, bags (paper, fabric, etc), tubes, and gift boxes are all allowed. Embellishments such as gift tags, ribbons, and other decorative ornaments are allowed and welcome. The whole piece will be judged as one. Gift tags, ribbons, and decorative ornaments must be in addition to the entered piece. They will NOT be judged separately. Gift wrap may be irregular shapes and sizes.
If you’re unsure, feel free to share your idea with us using our Contact Form and we’ll let you know if it qualified as a “gift wrap.”
Will there be different categories?
There will be FOUR judging categories as follows. Be sure to list the category you want to compete in with your entry.
- Most Whimsical: Where are our out-of-the-box thinkers? Have some fun with this one and make something no one has ever seen before! Think playful, fanciful, and lovely!
- Best Kids Gift Wrap: We know we have a lot of parents and grandparents in the IOD fam who are looking to make the holidays extra special for their littles. Well, half of the excitement is staring at those presents in anticipation and wonder. So make something the kids will love! This category will be judged by the IOD kids. 😉
- Best Repurposed/Upcycled Gift Wrap: Everything but the IOD bit must be from repurposed or upcycled materials. Recycled paper, cardboard, gift tags, ribbons, adornments….so many possibilities with this one!
- Best Gift Wrap Using Letter Stamps, Moulds, or Monograms: Make your gift recipient feel extra special this year with personalized gift wrap just for them! You must include a minimum of 2 letters for a monogram.
What are the prizes for the IOD Holiday Wrap Up Challenge?
The winner of each category will get $250 worth of IOD products of their choice (retail value) PLUS their very own set of the IOD Boughs of Holly Mould and Merry and Bright Stamps (these are rare, limited edition designs from 2020).
Gift wrap will be judged by the IOD Sisters, with the exception of the Best Kids Gift Wrap category, which will be judged by the IOD kids, of course! While Sally and Josie will make the final determination, comments about your favorite designs will absolutely be appreciated and taken into account.
IOD Stockists are not eligible to win a prize. However, they’re still welcome to share their gift wrap as inspiration and encouragement.
How to Enter the IOD Holiday Wrap Up Challenge
The Holiday Wrap Up Challenge starts Tuesday, November 22, 2022, and entries will be accepted through 11:59 PM PST, Tuesday, December 20, 2022.
To submit an entry:
- Tag us on a picture of your gift wrap on either Instagram or Facebook AND add the hashtag #IODwrapup. (Important to do both to make sure we see your entry.)
- (Make sure to set your post to “Public” if using Facebook and if using Instagram you must use a public account (we cannot see entries from a private account.)
- Let us know what category you’d like to be judged in and include a list of the IOD products you used with your post.
- You may submit more than one entry per category and also feel free to enter more than one category.
On December 22nd, we’ll announce the winners and share photos on Instagram and Facebook.
Terms & Conditions for the IOD Holiday Wrap Up Challenge
- There is no fee to participate in the challenge.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
- The contest will run for 29 days, beginning on November 22, 2022 and ending on December 20, 2022. Submissions after 11:59 PM PST on December 20, 2022 will not be accepted.
- No product purchase is necessary to enter.
- Making a purchase of an IOD product does not increase your chances of winning.
- Submissions will be judged by the IOD Sisters.
- Prizes total less than $300 US cash value.
- Prizes can not be exchanged for cash value.
- This contest is void where prohibited.
- By submitting your photo you are giving Iron Orchid Designs permission to use your image for promotional and marketing purposes.
- By entering in this challenge, participants agree to the Terms and Conditions set forth.
Thanks for reading to the end. You deserve a virtual cookie 🍪. Now go get your creative groove on 😍.
- How to Stamp Curved Surfaces with IOD Stamps: Thrift Flip Lamp Edition
- DIY “Antique” Wedding Frame Plus Favors Under $5 using IOD Moulds
- Effortless DIY: Thrift Flip a Silver Tray into Romantic Table Decor
- Spring Decor DIY: Blue Willow Porcelain Easter Eggs
- Valentine’s Gift Idea: Shabby Chic Jewelry Organizer