Looking to add some winter whimsy to your tree this year? Shannon from Pickin’ Boots Vintage is going to show you how to make some darling fairy ornaments on natural wood rounds. These ornaments are very simple but so adorable!
DIY Holiday Fairy Ornaments with IOD Transfers
Pickin’ Boots Vintage
- Grab your wood rounds and limited release Fairy Merry Christmas Transfer (this would also work well with Holly Glen or Candy Cane Cottage). Rub the transfers onto your wood rounds.
- Add a pop of color to your transfers with some red paint, this will really come to life after you add some resin!
- Drill the tops of your ornaments and add a jewelry hook (this is where you will string your ribbon to hang the ornaments).
- Place your ornaments above the table on small jars so you can pour on resin. Mix up a 24-hour resin and pour in the center of each ornament and let it spread out, add more if needed for full coverage. Sprinkle some glitter around the edges for some extra magic. Let dry completely.
- Add your ribbon through the loop and hang it on your tree.
We hope you have fun making this project with IOD transfers, in addition to holiday decor, these would make wonderful holiday gifts!
Alright, grab your IOD supplies from your local stockist, and make your own darling ornaments!!
If you’re just kicking off your creative journey, have no fear — our Product 101 pages are packed with straightforward techniques to set you up for success. We’re thrilled to accompany you as you explore and create. For more how-tos and creative inspo, make sure to browse through the rest of our blog.
Once you’ve crafted your final piece, share it with our Facebook Creative Tribe! This community is not just a showcase but also a supportive hub for when you hit those creative roadblocks. And remember, your local stockist is always ready to assist with IOD supplies and expert advice. We’re excited to see what you’ll bring to life!