Ditch the Gumdrops & Licorice: Gingerbread House Decorating Contest with IOD
Are you ready for another creative challenge with the Sisters of Iron Orchid Designs? Announcing the IOD Gingerbread House Challenge.
For this one, we’re hopping off the runway and into the kitchen — looking for epic gingerbread house creations made with IOD.
What’s the IOD Gingerbread House Challenge?
It’s a contest where you create the most delicious, festive, funny, magical — BEYOND imagination — gingerbread house using your favorite IOD products.
There will be two judging categories: Edible and Non-Edible.
In the Edible Category, you must only use materials that can safely be eaten. Your masterpiece should taste as good as it looks!
For the Non-Edible Category, you can use whatever you like but the end product must be recognizable as a gingerbread house. The winner of each category will get $500 worth of IOD products of their choice (retail value). Think of all you could make in the kitchen with that!?!
How to Enter the IOD Gingerbread House Challenge
The IOD Gingerbread House Challenge starts today, December 2, 2020 and entries will be accepted through midnight PST, Sunday, December 20, 2020.
To submit an entry, tag us on a picture of your sweet creation on either Instagram or Facebook AND add the hashtag #IODGingerbreadHouse. (Important to do both to make sure we see your entry.) Let us know if your creation is edible or non-edible and include a list of the IOD products you used with your post.
On December 20th, we’ll choose three finalists for each category. Then we’ll share the photos from the finalists on both Instagram and Facebook for you to vote on by Liking your favorite projects.
One gingerbread house from each category with the most combined Likes from Facebook and Instagram by 9am PST on December 23 will take the prize.
Terms & Conditions for the IOD Gingerbread House Challenge
- There is no fee to participate in the challenge.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
- The contest will run for 18 days, beginning on December 2, 2020 and ending on December 20, 2020. Submissions after midnight on December 20, 2020 will not be accepted.
- No product purchase is necessary to enter.
- Making a purchase of an IOD product does not increase your chances of winning.
- Submissions will be judged based on the number of Likes received on both Facebook and Instagram for a particular entry.
- Prizes total less than $500 US cash value.
- Prizes can not be exchanged for cash value.
- This contest is void where prohibited.
- By entering in this challenge, participants agree to the Terms and Conditions set forth.
Quick Recap of How To Enter the IOD Gingerbread House Challenge
- Use IOD products to create the most fantastical gingerbread house celebrating the holiday season
- Upload your photo to Instagram or Facebook (Make sure to set your post to “Public” if using Facebook)
- Let us know if your house is “edible” or “non-edible” and also what IOD products you used and any other fun details
- Tag IOD and add the hashtag #IODGingerbreadHouse to your post so we can find your entry
- Share your post with the world before midnight PST on Sunday, December 20, 2020
- Finalists will be announced on Monday, December 21, 2020 and the winners will be announced on Wednesday, December 23, 2020.