Beginner-Friendly Chic Thanksgiving Centerpiece with IOD Moulds
Today, we have a special treat for you. Sally’s daughter, Olivia, will be your guide to creating a Fall centerpiece that is simple but elegant. Olivia, guides you through crafting a simple yet elegant Fall centerpiece. Watch as Olivia brings a chic, neutral palette to life, using off-white paint on our Hello Pumpkin mould with air-dry clay. We love how the piece transforms when you add the dark wax, accentuating those intricate details and giving the centerpiece a sense of depth and texture.
Here’s a Pro Tip: Always layer on a coat of clear wax before you go in with the dark wax. This clever tactic ensures that your piece doesn’t become overly dark or muddied in appearance. Olivia is fairly new to working with IOD, so we’ll all learn together in this very beginner-friendly tutorial.
Get with your local IOD stockist to purchase your IOD and craft supplies.
IOD Products Needed:
- Centerpiece Box (you can thrift one, or even consider using an old drawer)
- Chalk or Mineral Paint in Off-White
- Paint Brush
- Clear Wax
- Dark Wax
- Wax Brush
- Towel (for wiping away wax)
If you’re just kicking off your creative journey, have no fear — our Product 101 pages are packed with straightforward techniques to set you up for success. We’re thrilled to accompany you as you explore and create. For more how-tos and creative inspo, make sure to browse through the rest of our blog.
Once you’ve crafted your final piece, share it with our Facebook Creative Tribe! This community is not just a showcase but also a supportive hub for when you hit those creative roadblocks. And remember, your local stockist is always ready to assist with IOD supplies and expert advice. We’re excited to see what you’ll bring to life!
- How to Stamp Curved Surfaces with IOD Stamps: Thrift Flip Lamp Edition
- DIY “Antique” Wedding Frame Plus Favors Under $5 using IOD Moulds
- Effortless DIY: Thrift Flip a Silver Tray into Romantic Table Decor
- Spring Decor DIY: Blue Willow Porcelain Easter Eggs
- Valentine’s Gift Idea: Shabby Chic Jewelry Organizer