Introducing the IOD Erasable Stamping System™
Hello lovelies! It is with great pleasure and anticipation that I introduce to you a concept that has been 2 years in the making! Josie and I have been developing, in phases, a system of creating temporary wall decor using our IOD Erasable Liquid Chalk and our IOD Decor Stamps. We’ve called it the IOD Erasable Stamping System™ .
The reason this is so exciting is because it’s bigger than just chalk board art! Our Decor Stamps™ and IOD Erasable Liquid Chalk can be used on any non porous surface! The possibilities are endless ( vintage windows, laminate wood flooring as seen in the video below), chalkboards, vinyl, mirrors and more!) You’re able to achieve those beautiful wall pieces you see on Pinterest that have hand lettered word art, beautiful imagery and inspiring quotes without spending all the time it takes to learn that art ( I’ve tried my hand at calligraphy and hand lettering. can NOT DO IT! but am amazed by those that can!)
What’s more, is that you get to say EXACTLY what YOU want to say in the way that YOU want to say it! We have over 30 IOD Decor Stamps™ scaled beautifully for the IOD Erasable Stamping System™. What’s more is knowing you can erase anything at anytime and have a do over takes the pressure off and makes it fun!
Below are some Chalk boards and vintage windows we put together in a jiff for Josie’s daughter, Maddy’s wedding! ( hello, baby showers, birthdays, menus, quotes and more?!)
Here’s how you do it ( see the videos posted below for quick examples of how the system works) Don’t be intimidated by the number of steps here, I’m just breaking it WAY down, it’s really quite simple!
- Choose your surface ( keep in mind that hand painted chalkboards will have some ghosting when erased as with any chalk pen etc. and can be completely removed with a Mr. Clean’s Magic Eraser! Our Erasable Liquid Chalk actually has more erasable qualities than pens however, you’d like to avoid ANY ghosting simply coat your hand made chalk board with a clear poly acrylic sealer or purchase a manufactured non-porous chalkboard )
- Gather your supplies: small sheet of plastic or acrylic, IOD Erasable Liquid Chalk, IOD Decor Stamps™ of choice and a small rubber brayer ( we use and recommend this one )
- Start arranging what you want to say. We love finding inspiration on Pinterest and have even started a board, feel free to follow that here: IOD’s CHALKBOARD ART BOARD ON PINTEREST ( feel free to follow us too while your’e there!)
- Once you know the general idea, start pulling and arranging your stamps and lay them out on your surface face down the same way you’ll stamp them. Lay them completely out so you can see how the whole design will look.
- section by section , using a stamp block, clear thin acrylic sheet or barehanded ( you can see more specifically how to use our IOD Decor Stamps™ HERE ) pick up your stamps
- Now, use your roller to roll out a thin even layer of the IOD Erasable Liquid Chalk ( a little goes a LONG way and can be reconstituted later with a mist of water so save the clear sheet with the leftover ELC ( Erasable Liquid Chalk)
- Apply to the surface of the design and stamp your surface. Nice even pressure and once you commit, don’t shift. Some non porous surfaces are going to be slippery, the more slippery your surface the more careful you’ll want to be. This part just takes a wee bit of practice to get a nice feel for it, so be patient with yourself and remember, IT’S ERASABLE!
- NOW hang that beautiful thang on your wall, stand back and say ” I MADE THAT!”
Alright guys, now you know, so jump in! What are you going to say?
To purchase the IOD Erasable Liquid Chalk and IOD Decor Stamps™ use our store locator HERE to find a store near you!
- How to Stamp Curved Surfaces with IOD Stamps: Thrift Flip Lamp Edition
- DIY “Antique” Wedding Frame Plus Favors Under $5 using IOD Moulds
- Effortless DIY: Thrift Flip a Silver Tray into Romantic Table Decor
- Spring Decor DIY: Blue Willow Porcelain Easter Eggs
- Valentine’s Gift Idea: Shabby Chic Jewelry Organizer